Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Direction

This post is coming to you live from Funk & Waffles in Syracuse. There's no internet in my house at the moment which won't be resolved until next week (LAME). Anyway, the move seems to have gone smoothly. Most of my stuff survived and now it is a matter of unpacking and finding my way around campus. This would be easier if:

1. My iPod didn't need a power boost and I had some sort of soundtrack

2. I didn't have to make the surprisingly long walk to campus with the brick that is my laptop

3. I knew where I was going

People have been surprisingly helpful. If you don't know where you are going in Oberlin, it is your job to ask for directions. On my way from getting my ID (a bad photo, but it actually disguised the sweaty mess that was being photographed) I was trying to get oriented with my map when this one guy just called over asked where I was heading. Once I got to the building he directed me to, I was barely in the door before this lady walked by and asked which office I needed. This helpfulness is going to take some getting used to.

This weekend I plan on finishing unpacking and just relaxing before orientation starts on Monday. Good luck with that.

No comments: