Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rube Goldberg Thursdays: Honda

I have google analytics set up for this blog and I get to see what sort of searches people use to get to this site. I also get to see how long they stay and various other big brother type data. The multiple "0:00" Time on Site readings seem to indicate that people do a search for "Rube Goldberg Devices", see this site and go "Oh."

There are a couple of solutions to this problem. One would be for me to change the name of the blog, but since I've started using the online name Rube Goldberg 3 years ago, I've become somewhat attached to it. I think it does a great job of describing me: Overly elaborate, sometimes needlessly complicated, but approaching solutions with a quirky and sometimes inventive sense of humor. I'm not sure if the original Rube Goldberg was a raging egomaniac. Please don't tell me.

Anyway, as a favor to those who just happen to stumble onto this site with different intentions than reading what I feel like babbling about, I'm going to try to post Rube Goldberg type videos and stories on Thursdays. If anything, they're fun to watch. Here is one that my friend Liz sent me a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!

No comments: