Sunday, March 29, 2009

Play List

I would like Mondays on the blog to be music oriented - partly because I think that's a fun way to start the work week and partly because I like alliteration (music Mondays). So, welcome to the debut of Play List. This week's list will deal with American Idol and the rumor that this week's theme is the iTunes Top 100. I have no idea how often the iTunes 100 gets updated (hourly, daily or weekly), so these are my predictions/suggestions/wishes for this week's show. Oh, and these are based on what the iTunes 100 list included at 11:45pm Sunday. Enjoy!

  • Adam Lambert: #24 "Let it Rock" Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne

  • Matt Giraud: #20 "You Found Me" The Fray

  • Danny Gokey: #57 "Gotta Be Somebody" Nickelback (I will be extremely surprised if I called this one wrong)(Oh, and this video totally ganked the visual from one of Sephiroth's attacks)

  • Anoop Desai: #5 "Gives You Hell" The All-American Rejects (True story: I was at a karaoke bar last week and someone did this song and I thought it was from 1999 or 2000.)

  • Scott MacIntyre: #85 "Don't Stop Believin'" Journey (This would be brilliant on Scott's part. Also, when is Journey night going to happen?)

  • Kris Allen: #27 "1,2,3,4" The Plain White T's

  • Lil Rounds: #39 "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" Beyonce

  • Allison Iraheta: #63 "Chasing Pavements" Adele (This would be a perfect match and I really hope this happens.)

  • Megan Joy: #19 "Hoedown Throwdown" Miley Cyrus (I have not voted for Idol since Season 3. I will lift my moratorium if this happens. I will get all my friends to vote if she does the dance.)



  • What are your predictions?

    Update: I couldn't remember the source at the time I posted this, but here is the origin of the rumor (by way of Idolator).

    No comments: