Monday, January 1, 2018

Resolute


Whaddup, Blogspot?! Long time no see. Quick update since last time:

  • Met a guy
  • Got a new job
  • Moved to Chicago (see item 2)
  • Got married (see item 1)
Now that you're all caught up, let's chat about what brought me back to ye olde blog.

I was at a New Year's Eve party last night and had yet another anxiety attack (as one is wont to do in this day and age). As I tried to calm down, wandering up and down a rural Ohio driveway in the arctic cold, I posted this to my Facebook:


Sooo... this is me getting excited. I'm not going to do a full brain dump now partly because it's late and I'm sleepy, but also there will be plenty of time to get into all the crispity, crunchity, peanut buttery details in due course. For now, let's revise the list from above:

  • Met a guy
  • Sought counseling when work toxicity started to sink in
  • Got a new job
  • Ended counseling because mission accomplished and I would be leaving Cleveland
  • Moved to Chicago
  • Sought counseling when, after a year of being in a new city, I struggled with profound loneliness/anxiety/depression
  • Started on Lexapro
  • Got married
  • Stopped seeing a counselor because it wasn't a good match
  • Started getting off of Lexapro because it was hurting more than helping (I'm not promising this blog won't be 90% Lexapro bashing, but ZOMG I have opinions)
  • Starting up counseling again in the very near future

No comments: