Monday, September 21, 2009

Cinephail

If a "cinephile" is a person with a strong interest in film, I might best be described as a "cinephail". This weekend I TiVoed The Karate Kid and got around to watching it this afternoon. I actually enjoyed it. Of course, that last sentence implies that I have never seen the movie before -- probably because I haven't.

I further compounded this (now) apparent pop culture faux pas by mentioning this little tidbit on Facebook. In the comments that followed, I tried to excuse myself saying that the film is on my "I really should get around to it" list, along with:

Casablanca
Citizen Kane
Godfather I and II

This just seemed to cause more people to facepalm.

So what other movies would you recommend as required? I used to be a film buff...I just need some buffing.

No comments: