Friday, January 9, 2009

Delayed

Back at the end of October I attended the USBC Silver conference down in Newport, Kentucky. The conference went well, I learned a lot about bowling, took a test, and according to Rod Ross, a Gold level coach who lead the workshop, I passed the exam. When I received the e-mail from Rod he mentioned that with the regular bureaucracy compound by USBC moving from Wisconsin to Texas it would take four weeks or so for my status to be updated.

This past Wednesday, with still no word from USBC, I sent an e-mail to the coaching department asking "what the dilly yo?" Well, I was a bit more professional, but that was the gist. Here is the response I got today:

Mike,

The certificates were finally printed and ready to be mailed when it was discovered that our supply of Silver emblems was depleted. An order for additional emblems has been placed and the certificates will be mailed as soon as they arrive.

In the meantime, your certification has been updated in our database.

My sincerest apologies for this lengthy delay!

Regards,

Cindy W.


Seriously, USBC Coaching? My professional coaching status was on hold because you were out of patches? And somehow that prevented my status from being updated in your database? Also, there are only 3-4 Silver Conferences a year -- how long does it take to restock the inventory in between gigs?

How can USBC expect to revitalize the sport of bowling when it consistently makes boneheaded mistakes of this nature?

No comments: